Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, Lunch (Muffin Tin Monday)

(Muffin tin!) Monday Lunch:

I decided to try out "Muffin Tin Monday."  It's a fun way to offer small portions of a lot of different foods.  Some creative lunch makers out there stick to a theme, or have more artistic presentation...I'm just sticking to the basics.  (More info about Muffin Tin Monday)

Top row:
Diced cucumbers
Hard boiled egg  (First time I offered this.  It didn't go over too well.)
Grapes

Bottom row:
Mini sandwiches (Sunflower rye bread with dijon mustard)
Diced peach
Diced tomatoes



My toddler LOVED this lunch.  I was also pretty impressed with his sorting skills.  If something got moved to another muffin cup, he made sure to put it back where it belonged.  


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Muffin Tin Monday! Sticking to basic presentation is just fine - sometimes it is better that way when the kids are very little. Plus it gives you a new level of novelty to resort to when the excitement of the food-in-a-tin idea starts to wear off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you tried egg. For most kids it takes a few times for them to like the texture :) What a fun and healthy Muffin Tin Meal! Looking forward to seeing you again over at Muffin Tin Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really missed the Muffin Tin Monday theme -- so I'm trying to visit others and see if we can bring some Muffin Tin Moments and gather together and share ideas. I have a link-up and button on my blog and hope that you will join us!

    Love how you shared sorting skills :)

    ~addelah
    WhisperedAbundance.com

    ReplyDelete